Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Sonnet to My Bookcase

Professor Sexson has told us to write a sonnet to a significant other, so naturally, I wrote one to my bookcase, about my bookcase.

A Sonnet to My Bookcase
When melted hearts spill down collapsing walls,
A reservoir's waiting to pool the drip.
It gathers tears of bygone, former falls
And currents them on a diversion trip.
Soft streaming eyes open to blurry lines
That streak together into tides of black.
These riverings aid in deluging times
The age-old vessel heartbreak whales attack.
For waves of words harbor stories of old
And bays of books are ceaselessly waiting.
Oceans of notions seek to unfold
To the seafarer ready for sailing.
Along the coast of my bookcase resides
A sea of stories waiting for reprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment